EB-2 and EB-3 Degree Equivalency

EB-2 And EB-3 Degree Equivalency

An EB-2 visa is designated for foreign nationals who are hired by U.S. companies to perform work that requires an advanced degree or the equivalent, or a worker who has exceptional ability plus a minimum of five years of work experience.

An EB-3 visa is designated for a skilled professional or other worker who holds a bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent.

The foreign national spouse of an EB-2 or EB-3 green card holder and any foreign-born children under the age of 21 may accompany the worker to the United States. We help our clients submit all petitions and minimize bureaucratic delays.

In general, EB-2 visas are available to workers who fit into one of the three categories:

  • Advanced degree — The job requires an advanced degree beyond a bachelor’s degree, such as a master’s or doctorate (or the foreign equivalent), or a baccalaureate degree and five years of work experience in that field. Official documentation regarding education is necessary as well as letters from a former employer if you do not have an advanced degree.
  • Exceptional ability — A worker who has exceptional ability in the sciences, arts or business
  • National interest waiver — Generally granted to workers who have exceptional ability in the sciences, arts or business, and whose employment in the U.S. will benefit the nation. A worker in this category may file a labor certification directly with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and does not need an employer to sponsor the petition.

We Work To Streamline The Process

There are a limited number of green cards available to foreign workers. Although the requirements to obtain an EB-3 green card are less rigid than those for an EB-2 are, this results in more applicants qualifying for the limited number of EB-3 visas that are available annually.

Our experienced immigration attorneys will ensure that all of your documentation is in place and your applications are properly completed. We also may discover there are more suitable options to pursue.

We invite you to call 215-568-1500 or use our online contact form to schedule a free consultation in which a knowledgeable immigration lawyer can review the facts of your case and recommend the best course of action. We represent clients in Greater Philadelphia and throughout Southeastern Pennsylvania as well as neighboring states.